Pet Cat Sympathy Cards For The Loss Of A Cat


Cats

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on my patio relaxing and doing some casual reading when I suddenly received a text from my girl-friend ... oh no, bad news.

She was writing to tell me that her pet cat that she had for sixteen years just passed away.

I quickly responded and told her that I would be right over.

I grabbed my wallet and keys, jumped into my SUV and headed to her house.

On the way to her house I decided to stop by the store to grab some flowers and a sympathy card.

Cat Sympathy Cards

I hurried into the store and went immediately to the greeting card section. 

I cruised the rows and rows of cards until I finally found the "Sympathy" cards.

I found sympathy cards for people, pets, dogs ... but nothing at all specifically for cats. 

I stood there and looked at the cards time and time again thinking to myself "surely there has to be a sympathy card for cats" but my initial observation was confirmed.

There was not one single Sympathy Card for Cats. 

Sad and disappointed, I reluctantly chose a generic pet sympathy card, grabbed some flowers and headed over to her house to be with her and comfort her and tell her how sorry I was for her loss.

In the days that followed I just couldn't seem to rid my mind of the thought that I was unable to find an appropriate card to express my feelings over the loss of her pet, friend and companion.

It bothered me so much that I decided to create my own cat sympathy greeting card using photos of her two cats.

She was overcome with joy when she saw them and even though she was still sad and grieving it gave her a reason to smile.

Comments