Happy Veterans Day 2017



Veterans Day 2017

Veterans Day is November 11, 2017 and this is the day set aside to honor all of the brave men and women who have sacrificed so much to keep us free.

I make it a point to go out of my way to say "Thank You For Your Service" when I see a current member of our armed forces or a veteran and the reaction is always the same.

They quietly smile and perhaps nod slightly and they are usually filled with humility.

Sometimes they ask me if I have served and I humbly respond "Yes Sir or Yes Ma'am, I served in the United States Marine Corps" and they will always respond with "Thank You for Your Service" accompanied by a handshake or a knowing bow of the head.

Only seconds ago we were strangers, perhaps different races, different genders, religions and beliefs, but now we are the same, we are family, all because of our common bonds of loyalty, duty and service to our country.

I hope that you will take the time to say a kind word or two to one of our many enlisted women and men and veterans.

I am certain that it would mean a great deal to them on Veterans Day or any day.


Inner Card Verse:

"Your bravery and dedication to your country shall never be forgotten.

Your efforts and many sacrifices are very much appreciated.

Thank you so very much for your service."

Happy Veterans Day!

Comments